This article is created for resellers who will handle the menu setup for unTill customers.
Sales area settings
If the online menu is going to differ from the menu used in-house, create a new sales area.
Select the products/departments/option groups to be available in the new sales area.
Important: Note that it is perfectly possible to have the same products in multiple sales areas, but in case the customer does not want to have all options present on their online menu, only connect the options they wish to see on the online menu.
Example: In the restaurant, the Pepperoni Pizza product has the option 'Extra cheese'. If you do not want to give that option for the online menu, do not activate 'Extra cheese' in that sales area.
- Sales area - Restaurant: Pepperoni Pizza with Option 'Extra Cheese'
- Sales area - Integrations: Pepperoni Pizza without any options.
By default, the normal price is selected. If the customer prefers to have different prices for the online menu, create a new price category, e.g., Price category - Online price.
Now, update the products with the 'Online Price'. To do so, select the product ➜ 'double click' ➜ select 'Online Price' ➜ set the price ➜ click on the Ok button.
Options cannot be part of multiple option groups while having a different price because only one price is shown online.
In case they wish to have the same option with a different price, an additional option (item) needs to be created with the new price.
Add products/items to the online menu
Step 1. Create products in unTill.
Step 2. Make the products available in the required sales area.
Step 3. Add the 'online price' if you wish to use a different price.
Step 4. Add options if needed (see below) and make them available in the sales area.
Some product types are not supported:
- Combo menus
- Products containing options with options attached to those options
- E.g., Hamburger with Option 'Fries'. The option 'Fries' itself already has an option 'Sauce'. Those are three levels, something not currently supported. Only two levels are supported. Valid products would be a hamburger with a fries option and fries with a sauce option.
In Deliverect, you can add product images and product descriptions.
Option groups and options
In unTill, there are four types of option groups that are attachable to a product (item).
1. Must-have options (#1)
- When a must-have option is attached to an item, you have to choose an option (minimum one: min=1).
- You can attach as many must-have groups to a product/department as you wish.
- Only link these types of option groups to the sales area if you want to add them to the menu.
- If you have an option group 'Choose your toppings', please add the option 'No Toppings - €0'.
- Note that you have a checkmark that sets the min=1 & max=1 for this option group. If you want to allow your customers to select more than one option for that group, you need to deactivate the checkbox and allow a different maximum amount.
If the product has a must-have option attached to it, know that you should also present the must-have option online. If you don't, orders will fail.
If they do not wish to add this option to the online menu, please remove it from the sales area.
2. Free options (#2)
- When a must-have option is attached to an item, you do not have to choose an option (min = 0).
- You can only add one free option group per product.
Free option groups do not need to be present in the online menu, since the customer is not obliged to make a choice. The POS therefore also does not expect an option of this group.
3. Supplements (#3)
- When a supplement is attached to an item, you do not have to choose an option (min = 0).
- Supplements are connected to a department, so they cannot be attached to an individual product.
- You can only have one supplement group per department.
4. Condiments (#4)
- Condiments do not have a price, so these are not supported.
You will see the type of option group for scenarios #1, #2, and #3 after synchronization with Deliverect.